‘Tis the season for all things formal! Take parties up a notch with accessories that are quirky and unique.
We love these DIY cummerbunds and bow ties by Dritz that feature our fun novelty fabrics! Read their full blog post on how to make a cummerbund and bow tie set with personality!
Use our bold fabrics with the Dritz® belt and bow tie hardware sets and your favorite sewing pattern to create stand-out pieces. Head to the Dritz blog to get some tips for making formal attire packed with personality.
Materials you will need:
- Dritz® bow tie set hardware
- Dritz® cummerbund buckle set
- Fun novelty fabrics (3/4 yard per each belt/tie set)
- McCall’s® sewing pattern 4321
The fabrics featured in this DIY project are:
- Emoticons (and this is another Emoticons fabrics that would look great as a set!)
- Multi Rainbow Puzzle
- B-Ball by George McCartney
- Neon Music Notes
Find the perfect fabric for your cummerbund and bow tie set! We have a fantastic selection of novelty fabrics if we do say so ourselves. See them here:
Tag us @sewtimeless and #timelesstreasures and show us what you make!