We are back from Quilt Market! We saw many familiar faces, lots of new faces, and plenty of spectacular quilts! We had a great time in St. Louis and have all the highlights from the show to share with you here.
Half of our booth featured new Tonga Batik collections. The other half featured new quilting collections and novelties.
Let’s start with the Tonga Batik side! We featured Daniela Stout‘s latest collections, Tonga Happy Hour and Tonga True Love, plus new Block of the Month quilts by Wing and a Prayer Design, Cheryl Malkowski, and Cozy Quilt Designs. Judy and Judel Niemeyer also presented their new collections in a stunning display of paper-pieced Quiltworx designs. New collections from Judy and Judel include the Heirloom Strip Set, Tonga Antique Garage, and Tonga Cactus Mini Collection. The Heirloom Strip Set contains 48 2½” strips of custom-selected batiks that perfectly complement their stunning quilt designs. We also introduced Tonga Focus, a collection of three 20-piece groups: Tonga Confetti, Tonga Paisley, and Tonga Sunburst. Each one is available in yardage and Treat Strips, and they’ll hit stores this summer!
- Tonga True Love by Daniela Stout – Taos Block of the Month by Chris Hoover, Whirligig Designs
- Tonga True Love by Daniela Stout – Intertwined by Cozy Quilt Designs
- Tonga Zanzibar – Zanzibar Style Block of the Month by Cheryl Malkowski
- Tonga Pinwheel – Color Outside the Lines by Kelli Fannin
- Tonga Happy Hour by Daniela Stout – Royal Gardens Block of the Month by Cozy Quilt Designs
- Tonga Focus Strips: Frequency by Osie Lebowitz (free pattern coming soon!)
- Tonga Focus Sunburst – Shadow Play by Diane McGregor, Castilleja Cotton
New quilting collections we introduced at Quilt Market include: Fly Away by Janelle Penner, Kinfolk by Vanessa Vargas Wilson, Zephyr by Alice Kennedy, Wild Orchid and Harmony by Chong-a Hwang, and more. We also displayed several fun projects that feature our new novelties. Scroll down to view them all.
The Row by Row 2017 theme is On the Go, and it kicks off June 21st (about 2 weeks from now!). We have lots of exciting projects to go along with this summer’s official Row by Row fabric collection by Debra Gabel. Free patterns include a sewing machine cover, pillow, tote bags, and two layout quilts: Travelogue (featured above) and On the Road Again. Use these free layout patterns to complete your Row by Row quilts using rows from participating shops.
- Spin Basic – Blown Away by Osie Lebowitz (free pattern!)
- Kinfolk by Vanessa Vargas Wilson – Corazon by Vanessa Vargas Wilson
- Kinfolk by Vanessa Vargas Wilson – Losa by Vanessa Vargas Wilson
- Beatnik Waist Bag by Sew Sweetness
- Fiji Tote by Pink Sand Beach Designs
- Cell Phone Pouch by Leslie Meltzer (free tutorial!)
- Fat Quarter Pop-Up – The Fat Quarter Gypsy
- Pot Holders featuring our Foodie fabrics
Quilts from left to right:
- Dino-Mite Cotton and Flannel – Around the Block by It’s Sew Emma
- Dino-Mite Cotton and Flannel – Peyton at Play by It’s Sew Emma
- Harmony by Chong-a Hwang (& Studio Ombre) – Panello II by Raija Salomaa, Quilters’ Treasure Chest
- Wild Orchid by Chong-a Hwang – Elegant Orchids by Heidi Pridemore (free pattern!)
- Tailor Made Flannel: Oxford Plaids – Hunter’s Den by Denise Russell (free pattern!)
- American Pride – Among the Stars by Karen Bialik
- Zephyr by Alice Kennedy – Halo by Stacey Day (free pattern!)
- To The Moon and Back – Starry Night by Osie Lebowitz (free pattern!)
- Dutchess by Chong-a Hwang – Evening Stars by Heidi Pridemore (free pattern!)
- Tonga Mystical by Wing and a Prayer Design – Mystical Prism Block of the Month by Wing and a Prayer Design
Thanks so much for stopping by our booth and following our weekend on social media! We hope everyone enjoyed Quilt Market as much as we did!
We’ll see you in Houston for Fall Quilt Market!